Users browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)
[DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0
(08-18-2015, 11:06 PM)Fillerthefreak Wrote: @Izumi

Eyes are too far apart. Fingers are also a tad too skinny.

That's really all I could say.

Really? I think the eyes are fine, lol. My only crit is kind of a big, overarching one - it's not a very lively pose...I'd have played around more with some action lines to get a CrAzIeR pose to go with that face!!
that, and you've two different wind sources: her hair blowing so that the wind is pushing it forward, and yet her tarflap (that's the thing in the back of the collar) is blowing straight up as if there's wind blowing the other way.

(08-18-2015, 11:06 PM)Fillerthefreak Wrote: Forced edit? (I guess the site turns double-posts into edits)

I sometimes get quite angry when I cannot find things, rulers are no exception.

[Image: 739480526804fa3104f5ff06278028a7-d969u2v.jpg]

Also, sorry if you feel like I'm chugging out art-after-art, it's just my nature.

Actually, I did have one criticism and it's a huge one. I hope you're sitting down!!!!

You've got the linearts for characters down by using basic shapes, which is really good - however, your characters seem to lack emotion. :/
Most of the time, your art's got a big cartoony Tex Avery grimace and while Tex Avery was a legend, a big goofy grin Big Grin doesn't always fit (like when you're hunting for a ruler)
I don't know if it was intentional, but your character looks more like ( º___o ) with a big grin across his face, which implies...insanity. lol
(Don't even argue "Well I went insane looking for the ruler!!!" cos the reader doesn't understand that and I'm gonna get to that. maybe)

By adjusting the eyebrows, size of the eyes, angle of the head, and mouth, and you can give your characters a smorgasboard of emotions!
For instance, your raggedy-eared compatriot pictured could perhaps had an arched eyelid (or eyebrow, whatever), his mouth turned up in an inquisitive fashion, his ears up (like they are right now, actually) and a hand on his chin to show that indeed, he is pondering the whereabouts of that bloody ruler.

It's kind of hard to explain purely in words what I'm trying to say, so I looked around for a basic tutorial. I gave it a look-over and it pretty much does a better job explaining it better than I ever can lol.

If I could give you a little homework assignment (we're not grading it, you don't have to show it to us), try making simple,  basic emotions like

Big Grin
):
;___;
^___^
):<
O:<

and just go nuts seeing how many different combinations you can make and how animated they can get. Don't make them super-detailed if you can help it - minimal strokes/pen doodles are fine too.
It'll help when you're trying to feel out different facial emotions for your future illustrations!!

EDIT: Also just looking in the mirror works too. lol
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - by Kosheh - 08-19-2015, 04:39 PM