Users browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)
[DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0
So there was one surprise piece that I left out of the drawings that I uploaded before. It was a drawing of my friend's OC from when she was like, 11.

Of course it's like every kid's OC. She, her brother and I had Mario Bros. plumber OCs that helped Mario and Luigi on their journey and whatnot, but most of the time we were stuck with the dirty work that the brothers didn't want to do (like fight a big piranha plant that totally wasn't Petie)

She was always a better artist than I was. She still is. As a kid, her drawings totally wrecked the shit out of mine, so when I drew stuff, it always felt inadequate.
Well it's been almost 20 years so I decided to finally return the favor, by drawing her childhood OC. I really wanted to go all-out, so I inked it, colored it and then tried to shade it, but got stuck, so a pal on here gave me a hand (Sketchasaurus!) He was trying to show me an example of Kotabe's coloring style, and nailed it. I
yeah there was no way I was gonna figure it out that quickly, so I just asked him if I could share it with my pal as-is. I did, and now I'll share it with you guys, with the promise that I actually fucking learn to shade this time. Tongue

[Image: r3UtSNg.png]
Mama mia! Nailed it.

I've seriously never been so proud over artwork that I've made, ever...the only bummer is that now I feel like I did half the work lol. It seems like it's really worth it to get the hang of shading etc. ;P

EDIT: My friend's response:

Quote:Oh my goddddddddd! Haha I remember that! Old times!!!!

That's awesome
I was totally going for nostalgia ;P Mission accomplished
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - by Kosheh - 07-24-2015, 10:24 PM