Users browsing this thread: 16 Guest(s)
[DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0
so, uh, after sitting in a chair for about two hours, gripping my sketchbook, sweating bullets and then closing the sketchbook several times, I finally managed to sit down and start drawing. Holy shit.
I'm also embarassed to be posting this, really (I feel like I'm posting a picture of my cock on the internet right now) since I literally haven't drawn in ten years and it still looks like the shitty anime garbage I drew years ago. Nonetheless, I'm gathering up all my dragon balls and posting it, so I can look back a few months from now after I've been drawing again and think to myself how well I've improved.

I'm looking to get better - and I don't want to sound like a pompous dickhole, but I know my problems already (and I'll get to that later)

I'm not sure which direction I wanna head yet. Do I want to pursue life-art (like what Zadaben does) or cartooning (like Sketchasaurus)

So, this is what happens when I try and actually draw a cartoony person. No tracing, no references. Freehand, off the top of my head.
It's not any character in particular, but I'll probably revisit this character and improve her appearance several times.
[Image: uqNPGdP.jpg]
Note to self: Don't draw stupid fucking anime hair

I'm actually super mad at myself because I fucked up the eyes massively. They're not supposed to look anime, but what the fuck kosheh now look what you've done
also yeah, I was totally gonna add a collarbone, but I felt like it was kinda tacky. Also, I'm gonna be honest, I love whenever I draw boobs 'cos I always look at them and I'm like "whew, they don't look huge and tacky as shit"

So yeah, here's my problems, which I'm gonna try to fix TONIGHT:
  • From being a lifelong doodler, I have a habit of using only a little bit of the page I'm drawing on. I have an intrinsic worry of drawing a character too large and going off the page, as I constantly used to do it as
    a child
    Therefore, many of the problems I run into are difficult to fix because I use too little real-estate when I draw. The eyes in my illustration look completely derpy because I drew them too small. Any time I tried to erase them, I'd end up taking the whole eye with it. As a result, I had to draw the eyes several times over. I'm gonna try to do the same illustration tonight but try to use HALF THE PAGE.
  • I'm assuming this is so because I typically draw with my wrist. As a result, I'm gonna try drawing with my shoulder instead.
  • I also have little to no patience when I'm drawing. I drew this face? Okay cool fuck it 'cause I've lost all the ambition to draw decent-looking hair.
    If I lose ambition drawing halfway, I'm just gonna stop working on the piece and come back to it when I'm ready to tackle the hair, body, etc. with as just as much ambition as I spent on the face.
  • I have absolutely no concept of how to freehand draw hair or clothing from life examples. It's probably just something I'll have to pick up from drawing repeatedly.
    The problem here, however is that I'm too proud to use a picture reference. Dog I'm gonna draw that shit freehand.
    I need to come to terms with my pathetic ass and look at a photo/picture every once in a while.
  • This is a personal problem, but I just need to get back into drawing so I'm not as shy about it. As silly as it sounds, I'm embarrassed to draw because I'm afraid my girlfriend will look over and ask me things like "WHAT'RE YA DRAWING?" "SHE'S CUTE". Whenever I drew around my parents, I'd get stupid comments like that and it really made me just end up hiding in my room and drawing instead. I live with my girlfriend now, and I don't think running away from her is going to help much.
So uh yeah. I feel like I've got a good idea of what I need to fix. Any and all C&C is appreciated; I'm harsh with your drawings, so feel free to get harsh over mine. Tongue

EDIT: I actually have like zero-to-no issue drawing not-human characters (like, I could probably draw half of your refs)
I don't want to draw fanart all my life though but I suppose I could give it a shot if you guys are curious how my sanics look
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - by Kosheh - 03-16-2015, 10:17 AM