Users browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)
[DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0
Hey guys-
Everyone Wrote:omg puggsoy is posting in the doodles thread the world is ending

OK but actually, I've decided to start drawing again after not doing it for so long, and now I want to actually improve. After talking about it with some people apparently it's good to start practising by drawing real people and getting the hang of stuff like anatomy and real stuff, even if my main goal is to eventually be drawing more cartoony things.

So yeah. I decided to take a shot at drawing a random person, Tom Hanks. I don't do computer drawing so this is a scan, tell me if it's too hard to see:

[Image: R15xieI.png]

Reference.

They're ordered as 1st, 3rd and 2nd attempt, from left to right, so the middle one is my final attempt. I think it turned out moderately OK. I noticed a bit too late that I don't really want to focus on faces as much as I do with body proportions and perspective, but oh well.

So yes, please give crit and any more suggestions for long-term improvement. Any good starting points or references you think might be beneficial would be appreciated!

T.hanks Smile
You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down. -Mary Pickford

Messages In This Thread
RE: [DRAWINGS] Doodles and Finished Pieces 2.0 - by puggsoy - 02-04-2015, 05:47 AM