Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)
The Fighter's Resource [Program] (Updated 4/26/17)
I realise that a lot of this is WIP, but I'm not sure what has been worked on, what is being worked on and what will be worked on, so I'm just taking notes on what I can observe so far, and hope it helps.

(07-02-2014, 10:40 AM)Kosheh Wrote: I don't think the move lag for most of the attacks are programmed in, which results in volleys of magazines and Konataghost fireball wars being input by the CPU. It's not you - the CPU has godlike reflexes atm.
Sure, I'm comparing the player to the CPU, but I liked the way the CPU used those specials. Anyway, it'll be fixed with some tweaking, yeah!

(07-02-2014, 10:40 AM)Kosheh Wrote: I noticed Ock has HUGE startup times on his attacks and they're extremely slow. I think that's the issue, Chris - tweaking damage/priority should change things like that.
The startup time is the issue I wanted to point out, mhh.

(07-02-2014, 10:53 AM)TomGuycott Wrote: I did change Ocks physics on some attacks before releasing this build, but he's far from finished. There are SOME moves that will retain lag, like the Forward Punch. Usually the only attacks that are almost fast enough are the neutral Punch and Kick combos, the Youth Roll and the trumpet.

The physics of Vipershark's (and probably [robo9]'s since they work so similarly) air punch is fairly wonky at the moment. However, I believe the solution is to make an alternate standard Air Punch that doesn't alter the jump much, and making the current version a Down Air Punch like C2B's dropping baguette punch or the spinning hammer I implemented for Gilbert. The requirement of pressing down prevents it from being activated too early and making it such a hoppy move.
Okay! The forward punch is pretty powerful so that's understandable. I was concerned about the speed because Ocks is described as a fast and lightweight character, with weak attacks.

I like that idea of having a down air punch for robo and viper!

Keep up the good work, I'll play a bit more and let you know about anything else! Smile
[Image: x1aIZ2e.gif]
YOU HAVE TO FEEL WHAT YOU DRAW, FEEL
[Image: shrine.gif]

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: TFR: Not So Turbo Edition - by TomGuycott - 05-21-2014, 05:57 AM
RE: TFR: Not So Turbo Edition - by NICKtendo DS - 05-21-2014, 12:16 PM
RE: TFR: Not So Turbo Edition - by TomGuycott - 05-21-2014, 05:19 PM
RE: TFR: Not So Turbo Edition - by TomGuycott - 05-22-2014, 11:42 AM
RE: TFR: Not So Turbo Edition - by Iocus - 05-22-2014, 09:15 PM
RE: TFR: Not So Turbo Edition - by TomGuycott - 05-23-2014, 05:30 PM
RE: TFR: Not So Turbo Edition [Program] (Updated 5-30) - by Chris2Balls [:B] - 07-02-2014, 11:16 AM