Users browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)
The Fighter's Resource [Program] (Updated 4/26/17)
Thanks for the feedback Chris! Let me answer your questions:

-Yes, the title screen is about to get much more legible. Next release I plan to utilize Gors' menu design as best I can (certain options won't work yet, for example), and you'll at least be able to know what you are doing. Prettiness will have to come later, however. The same goes for the fighter screen, I'm gonna try to clean that up next.

-[robo9] has prototype hit sparks to give you an idea of what they'd be like. I'll add some to everyone for the next release, but they'll likely be placeholders. I have the ability for players to have custom hit sparks should the desire arise. For example, Neko would probably benefit more from having slash-like hit sparks.

-As for sounds, I might just add placeholders for that as well. Does anyone have suggestions for what we should actually use, though? Should they be like 8-bit quality, or actual punch and kick sounds?

-For juggling, the original game plan seemed to want to include it. Many moves were designed to have a pop-up mechanic. So far lots of characters can juggle, or at least pop a guy up and follow up with a ground or air attack. However, some need balancing. Vipershark can juggle infinitely right now, for example. The counter actions I will put in for excessive juggles are gradual additions of gravity as the combo progresses until they can't be juggled anymore, and invincibility frames for victims of attacks that really shouldn't lead into a juggle.

Keep playin around with it and let me know if you have other suggestions! I love everyone's characters so far, but I think I'd really recommend playing Ocksford for some quirky fun. I'm really fond of how his jump kick came out, though I don't know if it is how he intended.
Thanked by: Chris2Balls [:B]

Messages In This Thread
RE: TFR: Not So Turbo Edition - by TomGuycott - 05-21-2014, 05:57 AM
RE: TFR: Not So Turbo Edition - by NICKtendo DS - 05-21-2014, 12:16 PM
RE: TFR: Not So Turbo Edition - by TomGuycott - 05-21-2014, 05:19 PM
RE: TFR: Not So Turbo Edition - by TomGuycott - 05-22-2014, 11:42 AM
RE: TFR: Not So Turbo Edition - by Iocus - 05-22-2014, 09:15 PM
RE: TFR: Not So Turbo Edition - by TomGuycott - 05-23-2014, 05:30 PM