Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Question regarding submitting content from chinese games
(05-12-2014, 11:18 PM)tombmonkey Wrote: Some of this games have really gorgeous art that deserve to be archived for everyone to see, this one for example ( http://android.d.cn/xiaoqianlaile ) has beautiful art that's a shameless rip off Muramasa (they are chinese after all Tongue ).

Now, my question is, should I submit these? How should I call the games? the romanized name in the url? the google translation of the name or the chinese characters?

I'm no Chinese expert but I'd go with the same way we do with Japanese games; if there's an English name that the game goes by recognized by the developers/publisher (like "Magic Throne" is the one you linked), I'd probably go by that. If that's not available my second guess would be to go with the generally accepted Pinyin name (Xiao Qian Laile) or whatever name the majority of the userbase identifies it as should more or less be the name it goes by here.

Likewise, I suppose you could go with both i.e. "Xiao Qian Laile (Magic Throne)" if there's any confusion. Really, I'd think it's up to site staff to judge but eh.
[Image: 57d2BGH.png]
! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! refs
shoutouts to cutesu for the new av!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Question regarding submitting content from chinese games - by Kosheh - 05-17-2014, 08:17 AM