Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
How can I make Game Maker run other programs through command lines?
(04-30-2014, 10:18 AM)TheShyGuy Wrote: Did you take a look at the link? A quick skim shows that you can set the set characters + stage from the command line.

I'm not sure how to check when MUGEN closes, unless it outputs to the console before it does. You'll have to do more research on that. You should be able to close MUGEN when GM closes, but again, you have to research that and I'm sure you'll find useful info.

Why do you need to modify a program through a Hex editor? Just find any Hex editor, open the file, and edit (as long as you know what you're doing)
Okay, first things first.
1. The link is basically the command lines, which that friend of mine was talking about. However, I don't know, how I should do that with Game Maker 8...
2. I would like to know, where I could find the info. I definitely cannot go ask at the Game Maker Community forum, because I'm already waiting for a month, until my account finally gets validated... >_>
3. I basically need that, because I want to change the way, how MUGEN closes. If you close MUGEN, you can briefly see the MUGEN menu, and I really don't want that to happen. Additionally, I want the ESC button to completely close the program instead of going to one of the menus. Sadly, just grabbing my hex editor wont work, since the source code of MUGEN was never released (not released, because the source code is appearantly a real mess), so I don't even have reference points...
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: How can I make Game Maker run other programs through command lines? - by TrinitroMan - 04-30-2014, 10:45 AM