Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Pokemon Battle Revolution Bones & Animations
(04-11-2014, 01:55 PM)MandL27 Wrote:
(04-11-2014, 01:06 PM)gregkwaste Wrote:
(04-11-2014, 12:38 PM)MandL27 Wrote: So... what color means a more intense light? I'm finding colormaps in some of the OWL Game Creator texture directories, and I have no idea how they're used. Question

I think that depends, it not the same everywhere. If you notice each color is more intense on very specific face orientations. For example here you can see that when the face looks on the right (-x axis) the color is red, when the face looks up the color is green. The color values (rgb) are reflecting the face normal values. For example the face that is perpendicular to X and faces the -X, will have a color (1,0,0). Full red color.

So considering this, the most intense colors you will get are the clear ones, for faces whose normal is perpendicular to one of the 3 axes.

I don't think that there is an association between the colors and the intensity of the light.
They are probably used to smooth the way that light interacts with the model.

I've never encountered color maps in separate files, but they could work the same way.
This just raises further questions! I'm still confused.

I am also not very sure about how this is implemented, the only thing i am absolutely sure is that it has to do with the face/vertex normals.

Have no further idea as well Tongue
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Pokemon Battle Revolution Animations - by gregkwaste - 04-11-2014, 03:11 PM
RE: Pokemon Battle Revolution Animations - by TGE - 04-12-2014, 07:03 AM