Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
A megaman SHMUP fan game.
(04-02-2014, 08:37 PM)TheShyGuy Wrote: During the actual gameplay, the shooting delay seems too long. It might be that you only shoot on key release instead of press.

I can see that this is early in dev, but when you get to it. How about some collision effects/response.
Yeah, I think I need this too. It's difficult for me to know if I'm dealing damage or not, and I know what its supposed to be doing. I can only imagine what that's like for others. I'm not entirely sure on what the effect should actually be yet though.

Quote:The boss could also be a bit a more involved, or atleast seem more involved than just "Move up, down, go towards player, go back, repeat.".
One way without making the boss seem more "smarter" (i.e. no additional programmer really) would be to just telegraph the attack with an animation + sfx...+ gfx or w/e ykno haha. The shy boss does a better job of this.
It took me a moment to realize you were talking about the mini-boss big eye.
I'll see what I can do about this.

Quote:Also after getting out of the tutorial and going to a level, whatever I had during the tutorial carried over.
This is currently intentional. I think keeping it like that for now will be useful for testing purposes.

Quote:-Have the walls show that they're preparing to come out before they actually do.
Okay.

Quote:-I'm fighting the ice/shy girl atm. Her attacks seem pretty boring and movement random. Aren't these types of games known for the cool bullet patterns or something? How about that?...............
I should explain what I want from the main bosses, well other than making it fun and enjoyable. Phase one is supposed to be like the typical Shump boss, while phase two is a shump ship duel.

In ice man's case, Phase one is pretty much big core MkII (who was labeled as Ice Ice in some US manual or something), I might have gotten the AI wrong though. Phase two... I'm not sure what to do with at the moment. I dislike it when games allow you to unlock former boss and you can't do what that boss did yourself.
So I have to figure out what to do with Ice man's powerup sequence.
Once I do that, there will probably be some more interesting things going on in that fight. (She's not random by the way, she just reacts to player positioning)
I'm welcome to suggestions here. And anywhere else for that matter.

Quote:And I accidentally exited the level. How about a warning or something? Or instead name it "Exit To Menu" instead of Exit which I thought it meant "Exit back to Level" the first time I played.
Okay. Would "Escape" work better?

Quote:-..So I moved onto the second level. I noticed the hurtbox on those enemies that shoot thunder was a bit too big...Is everything a one hit death?
Okay. Most Shumps have one hit player death, so that's default for this game as well. I get that its frustrating for players that aren't used to them so, the E-tank item in the menu suddenly provides a healthbar to change that when used.
Unless you're referring to their hit box, in which case I just went and fixed it.

Quote:Those blue frogs sure are annoying...They're too fast...And come from left off screen during the boss fight....And kill me in one hit too... Hahaaa.........I'm done with this level lol.
Okay. Need to stop frogs from being active far off screen. I'll consider slowing them down as well.

Quote:I'm done playing. I don't have to proofread the above to know its probably seriously incoherent, but I hope something up there helps. -In case it helps, I've never played Parodius or really these type of games often.
Any testing from anyone helps.
Christianity is my faith not my religion. And neither should be pushed upon people.
HELP-Need as much C+C and playtesting as I can get on my SHMUP Megaman reimagining!
[Image: mx9RKdo.png]
Thanked by: TheShyGuy

Messages In This Thread
RE: A megaman fan game. - by Chris2Balls [:B] - 04-01-2014, 04:13 PM
RE: A megaman fan game. - by Terminal Devastation - 04-02-2014, 08:06 PM
RE: A megaman fan game. - by Iocus - 04-02-2014, 12:03 PM
RE: A megaman fan game. - by TheShyGuy - 04-02-2014, 08:37 PM
RE: A megaman fan game. - by Terminal Devastation - 04-02-2014, 09:41 PM
RE: A megaman SHMUP fan game. - by Ran Master 27 - 04-18-2014, 07:34 PM
RE: A megaman SHMUP fan game. - by Level 1 - 04-18-2014, 10:02 PM
RE: A megaman SHMUP fan game. - by Codestar - 04-21-2014, 09:26 AM
RE: A megaman SHMUP fan game. - by Deathbringer - 04-21-2014, 10:40 AM