Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Toon/Cel Shading (Pokémon X/Y Style?)
[Image: bcUpnHj.png]
Here are my render settings at the moment. Though I have anti-aliasing disabled and I'm exporting out at the 3Ds Resolution (top screen: 400x240) to achieve the pixelated aspect of the effect.

The Ink 'n Paint preset is what I used as a basis for the rendering style, but the shadow placement is somewhat unsatisfactory to what I want to achieve. I will say that Huskyfish's render is a close approximation of what kind of shadow distribution I'm looking for.

I think it would be very informative if we were able to get a hold of the model textures from X/Y in order to see if some of the shading is influenced by the texture maps in any way.

What I'm thinking is part of the effect is dictated by the lighting setup in the scenes as well, and there's most likely a specially coded shader that dictates how exactly the shadows are projected onto the models. But thanks for the input so far, it'd be sweet if we figure this out.
Salvador Dali Wrote: Begin by learning to draw and paint like the old masters. After that, you can do as you like; everyone will respect you.
[Image: shrine.gif]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Toon/Cel Shading (Pokémon X/Y Style?) - by Sketchasaurus - 03-24-2014, 05:23 AM