Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Sailor Uranus Sprites
After making an edit of one of the sprites of that last sheet you showed, I realized those were not the ones you were asking critique on... But I guess most of the problems translate to your own sprites.

[Image: PdiCJGE.png]

Since this is a MUGEN character, I'm not sure how decent you want your sprites to look, but I'll give you some pointers and you see if they help you any.

First off, the palette you're using is not suitable. I kept it for the most part in my edit since color picking is a bother (I did replace the blue since it was just too dark to help illustrate anything) , but you should try extracting some colors from actual KOF sprites to make it look better. Currently, her skin has a really weird color. Furthermore, the contrast is really low between shades, which is no good.

The thing that stands out the most, shading-wise, is her leg. It has a really severe case of pillow-shading, which is generally ugly to look at, and doesn't help giving the object volume. Pillow-shading is discussed in the spriting dictionary, though I drew a little visual at the bottom to illustrate. In my edit (which I made using Mai as a reference) it's implied the light comes from above, whereas the other sprite implies the light comes...from within the object.

I also tweaked the face a little since the original sprite seemed to have her faced punched inside... There are other tweaks on the anatomy that are necessary, but I didn't bother doing those.

I made the shading on the shirt and the skirt less aggressive, using Athena as a reference, and overall, removed most of the solid outlines in favor of outlines with sel-out.

Mine isn't quite KOF, but hopefully it gives you some ideas on how to fix your sprites. If you don't recognize some term, I'm sure the spriting dictionary defines it.
Thanked by: Virtuaboy123, rgveda99

Messages In This Thread
Sailor Uranus Sprites - by rgveda99 - 03-01-2014, 10:50 PM
RE: Sailor Uranus Sprites - by Virtuaboy123 - 03-02-2014, 10:33 PM
RE: Sailor Uranus Sprites - by rgveda99 - 03-03-2014, 04:01 AM
RE: Sailor Uranus Sprites - by Virtuaboy123 - 03-03-2014, 08:26 AM
RE: Sailor Uranus Sprites - by Goemar - 03-04-2014, 07:29 PM
RE: Sailor Uranus Sprites - by rgveda99 - 03-12-2014, 08:50 AM
RE: Sailor Uranus Sprites - by Iocus - 03-12-2014, 11:34 AM
RE: Sailor Uranus Sprites - by rgveda99 - 03-22-2014, 07:10 PM