Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Depictions of Women in Gaming (and other related issues)
(03-03-2014, 03:18 PM)Chris2Balls [:B] Wrote: I don't think it's up to them to give us a moral lesson on what is right or what is wrong, or how things should be done or what thing should be like: it's up to us to respond to these media and to engage in a discussion to hopefully bring a fair compromise. From there will the media follow.

Which is what we're doing here

Quote: There's like no none-"Girly Girly" (yes -" is fine grammar) playable Mario character.

Isn't Daisy this stereotype already?

And what's wrong with Peach apologizing? I can't see that in a bad light aside from it being her character, which is not useless not even conceptually. She's kidnapped all the time yeah, but she's also the ruler of the whole kingdom (which is often expanded in the RPGs).

No seriously, being girly is bad now? So they should actually be all action packed girls that sound and act like man? That's one way that characters like Ivy get created, y'know. If anything, I'm way more for a girl being, like, herself, a girl, than a "badass woman that punches man in the face", which ends up more than often being a shallow character.

Maybe I'm not expressing myself right at the moment, but this text here says everything I mean in this post: http://www.newstatesman.com/culture/2013...characters

Messages In This Thread
RE: Depictions of Women in Gaming (and other related issues) - by Mutsukki - 03-05-2014, 03:18 PM