Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Depictions of Women in Gaming (and other related issues)
I mean it more as, this being a medium of art, there's a certain freedom in story telling and such where people just have to accept it. There's a lot of factors that affect every game, and no doubt, gender and its affinities are one of them, but I don't see that as a problem.

Edit: Without that acceptance, we start to see censorship. That is a problem, even to those that instated it whether they realize this to be the case or not. It only sets the stage for what society finds taboo of them to be bastardized like what they did.

Soul Calibur is a case of a series that doesn't quite know where its headed. It can't really progress because of its fighting game nature. I know I was pissed when it came to Soul Calibur 5 replacing a lot of my favorite characters and making Kilik a randomized character. Yet, I understand that the story was more or less suffering from a one story complex, especially considering that most of the games had everyone with the same objective more or less, making storylines difficult. Fighting happens, Nightmare is still a thing, Siegfried is still a thing (though sometimes as Nightmare), no one dies, then 5 comes along and pisses off half the fan base because they tried something different. I agree that character designs have suffered given the time these games have gone through, and though I understand some, and others I do not, it really does not change whether or not my day is going to be alright. Personally, I just miss Talim.
[Image: k0OsVum.png][Image: NXpkf1V.gif][Image: psychicspacecow.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: Depictions of Women in Gaming (and other related issues) - by psychospacecow - 02-27-2014, 07:31 PM