Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
The Full Story Behind Our Recent Disaster
That was an interesting story, to say the least. What were you using to truncate the table? phpMyAdmin or some other piece of software?

I can actually sort of feel an echo of that panicky feeling one gets when it dawns on them that they deleted something they shouldn't or just lost something. Horrible feeling. Good work, though.

(01-09-2014, 08:53 PM)zKenshi Wrote: Was a very interesting read, noticed the downtime and was really hoping you guys would post what happened. Unfortunately I don't understand a lot about creating or editing websites so much of this I didn't understand but still fun to read! Glad you guys managed to get it back up.

Honestly, it's not too difficult, especially if you have something that removes the need to manually log in to the mysql installation on the actual server. Usually no coding knowledge is needed since there is usually something to do what you want - it sure helps, though! I became staff on a website once to fix little errors here and there since the headmin couldn't code.

It's something you learn as you go along in bits and pieces. 7 years ago I was literally afraid to open "My Computer" on my brother's desktop (because he put an irrational fear of it into me to prevent me possibly wrecking something) but now I'm very comfortable with running a Linux system on my old computer to function as a ghetto server and having all of my friends yell at me when something inevitably breaks Cool
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Full Story Behind Our Recent Disaster - by Phaze - 01-10-2014, 07:12 PM