Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Rebuilding Process Information Thread
To put some context into what we're doing:

We've developed a bookmarklet (a bookmark that runs some javascript on a page) which when used on a cached tSR Game Page, will give a text box of information from the game. This includes the game's indentifier (which we're using the URL for, as it is always unique to the page in question), the sheet's ID number (from the url linking to the sheet's page), the sheet's name (from the alt tag used on the icon), and the category it is under. We will then take this information, and dump it into another page that processes the information and inserts all of it into the database where the sheets previously were.

Using this method, we have to manually view every game on the site through Google's cache. However, Pete created a script that automated the URLs for these, so we have a list of the URLs to access. We simply have to go to the URL, click the bookmarklet, copy the text, paste it into a processing page, and hit enter. This will give us the missing information.

However, we are still going to be missing the most vital piece of information on the site... The number of times somebody has viewed a sheet. I don't know how we'll be able to go on from losing this information... We'll just have to band together and cry at night, telling stories of how Pokémon Black/White 2 had over 200,000 hits on multiple sheets. Boohoo.

tl;dr - we've made a codey thing that grabs shit from Google.
Tsunami Bomb - The Simple Truth
We could run away
Leave behind anything paper
Not knowing where we're going to stay
When there's no Mondays

You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
When I'm in your arms, I feel safe from harm and sorrow too
You're part of me, it's so easy to see the simple truth
But most of all, nothing couldn't be solved when I'm with you
Thanked by: Kedric, puggsoy

Messages In This Thread
Rebuilding Process Information Thread - by Dazz - 01-07-2014, 11:44 AM