Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
Looking for a GBA Rom Ripper/SNES developer [PAID]
Holy cow, forgot to subscribe to my own thread!

Thanks for all the posts!

I got somebody to help me do it but we suck. We are working with the OAM, but since we have little to no experience it has been taking a LOOOOOONG time to get a couple of sprites here and there.

The game is fairly long with over 10 levels and many maps, and we need everything. I'm willing to compensate for the time of the project taker.

The game uses a weird compression, here is how the original developer describes it:

"A file system and advanced compression method was used to reduce the size, all sprites was reduced and a special routine was added to the tools to create some special table taht skip equal or flipped animation frames. The size of the cartridge was reduced to 64mbits."

So I think the best way, unless you are super good at rom hacking, is doing it manually through Visualboy advance tools.

Good thing about this project is that there is no rush to get them all, but we sure need all of the spritesl.

(10-25-2013, 12:13 AM)Vipershark Wrote: I don't know anything about GBA ripping, but I have copies of the official SNES SDK and manuals and documentation for programming with SNESASM.

can you program?

SNESASM is much more difficult but effective than the SNES library in C found here:

http://portabledev.com
Thanked by: SuperFlomm, puggsoy

Messages In This Thread
RE: Looking for a GBA Rom Ripper/SNES developer [PAID] - by PikoInteractive - 10-28-2013, 10:49 AM