Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
What's the Most Efficient Way to Program This?
*Ehh sorry for repeating what you want. I was a bit confused about what you were describing...
*I wrote this in notepad. I wrote it as I was thinking about the solution....you'll see if you open the spoiler.
*there are probably quite a bit of grammar and spelling mistakes....Im sorry lol.

wall O text

hmmmmm....You can probably take this a step further.....But I already wrote a wall of text - and I have zero knowledge of Gamemaker and its limits. If anything is confusing, just ask.

Something To Think About:

-Binary Data instead of pure text:
-->PRO: Data becomes more compact and should be faster to read in. This means, reading in stats can be done right before drop and avoid arrays altogether.
-->CON If you don't have experience looking at raw binary data or hex values, creating files would be confusing. -If you do it by hand. (Make a small program to read/write files)

Edit:
-If you're wondering how to save a "special" weapon that the player has, you can always just store the special weapon's index and random bonuses. Then when you load the player's inventory of weapons, just re-read in the data file containing the weapon's types and load the corresponding sub type. Then read in the stored bonus.
Animations - MFGG TKO (scrapped) - tFR
[Image: QUmE6.gif]
"It feels that time is better spent on original creations" - Konjak
Focus on the performance, the idea, not the technical bits or details - Milt Kahl
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: What's the Most Efficient Way to Program This? - by TheShyGuy - 08-09-2013, 02:27 AM