Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)
SMW2: Yoshi's Island Palette
(07-23-2013, 06:01 PM)daemoth Wrote: Iirc, each sprite/tile in snes use 16 colors and at a single time, only 16 different palette can be loaded in the ram. Each time a character, a background or animation is displayed, a different palette is loaded and each use its own one.. For example in final fantasy 6 in battle, something like 4 palette are reserved for the background, 1 for the menu, 2 for the animation, 4 for the characters and the rest for the monsters.
But i dont see what would someone do with only the palette. You would be better to have the whole sprite if you want to draw or sprite something in the same style.

I think he needs the colors to create the most accurate Yoshi Island styled sprites.

Since a computer is more powerful than a Super Nintendo, certain palettes usually make no difference to the machine; however, if what he has in mind is a true Yoshi's Island style or a ROM hack, I think seeing the palette would aid him.

EDIT: I understand that looking at the sprites would help him, much like you said, but don't you think it would be a little easier to just get the palette, so he doesn't have to pick through each sprite to get the colors he needed? Just saying...
(02-27-2014, 07:31 PM)Gors Wrote: DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SUCK. DO NOT BE AFRAID TO SHOW YOUR SUCKY ART. I think this needs to go noticed to everyone, because sucking is not failing. Sucking is part of the fun of learning and if you don't suck, then you won't own at pixelart

it's ok to suck, sucking is not bad, just try and aim to always do your best!
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
SMW2: Yoshi's Island Palette - by Gate - 06-23-2013, 02:13 PM
RE: SMW2: Yoshi's Island Palette - by daemoth - 07-22-2013, 08:12 PM
RE: SMW2: Yoshi's Island Palette - by E-Man - 07-23-2013, 09:01 AM
RE: SMW2: Yoshi's Island Palette - by daemoth - 07-23-2013, 06:01 PM
RE: SMW2: Yoshi's Island Palette - by E-Man - 07-23-2013, 06:19 PM
RE: SMW2: Yoshi's Island Palette - by daemoth - 07-23-2013, 06:41 PM