Users browsing this thread: 70 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
I feel like Paper Mario's time is long passed. He was a plausible character for Melee and Brawl, back when Paper Mario and TTYD or hot games, and even Super Paper Mario had a good deal of anticipation and survived on the coattails of those that came before it. The franchise then dropped into some obscurity, and Sticker Star was the final nail in its coffin.

This is true of other characters. Krystal isn't important without a new Star Fox game, Ashley isn't important without the controversy sparked by her theme from the Touched! soundplayer.

The only four frequently requested characters whose importance has not diminished are Dixie, K. Rool, Ridley, and Geno. Ridley, because the Metroid franchise is still very important and he routinely shows up. K. Rool because he's been cemented as Donkey Kong's archnemesis, his Joker. Dixie because of her recent Return (I know it's actually Freeze) and her status as Donkey Kong's Batgirl. Geno, because his presence has colored the way Mario RPGs handled to this day. The importance of these characters are still being felt. Paper Mario, Krystal, and Ashley--not so much.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Kriven - 06-28-2014, 06:06 PM