Users browsing this thread: 72 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
I've been looking at what we know about the characters' custom move sets, and I've noticed a pattern emerging.

It seems that the one main rule that they use when deciding characters' alternate moves is that the character model's animation always has to remain the same, and it can only be the actual effect of the attack that changes.

For the obvious example, when Mario uses his different neutral specials, he will always use the same "throwing a fireball" animation, and only the effect of the fireball he throws will actually change. And when he swings his cape you will always see the same cape swing, but it may do something like blow out a gust of air.

So for this reason we are definitely not going to see something like the alternate moves some people have been suggesting for his FLUDD attack, such as using the jet or rocket nozzles.

And for something like, say, Kirby's up special, you will always get the same Final Cutter animation, but they may do something like change the size of the sword or make him create an explosion when he lands instead of a shockwave. But it's not going to change to a forward slash a la Project M or anything.

The obvious exceptions to the rule are the Miis and, by the sound of Sakurai, Palutena is also getting special considerations. (Kind of unfair if you ask me, giving special considerations to one of his own characters*).

SO! With this in mind, does anyone want to take a stab in the dark as to what some of the characters' alternate special moves may be?

(*Note: I know Palutena existed before Sakurai took over the Kid Icarus series, but he is responsible for her modern persona.)
Thanked by: Crappy Blue Luigi

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Jermungandr - 06-13-2014, 12:41 AM