Users browsing this thread: 75 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
I drove to the (semi) local Best Buy Smash event today to try out the game. Got there 30 minutes before it started and waited about 5 hours in line until I got to play. The line was so long that probably 100ish people were told that they couldn't play today, since the store was closing at 9. Each person was allowed one 3-minute free-for-all match against other people in line.

I ended up playing as Villager the whole time, and he's an interesting character to play.
-bowling ball (side smash) has very short range and is hard to hit, especially in free-for-all
-dropping the potted plant (dash attack) had long range, since the pot flies out of his hands
-down smash works like a pitfall, so it's good for follow-up attacks
-up smash is powerful but kind of short range
-side b is good for recovery and works well as a projectile
-down b takes a while to set up, wasn't able to get a hit from it
-I got the final smash with him twice, but it works similar to greninja where you have to line it up with the enemies in front of you

The 3DS version was pretty smooth, although it took a while to get used to playing with the circle pad.

Unfortunately I forgot to bring my camera so I couldn't take any pictures. Sad

Also Vipershark, did you have to ask for the smash pin? I saw some people walk out of the store with them, but when I came around to play they either ran out or weren't handing them out.

If anyone has a chance to go out there on Saturday to try out the demo, I highly suggest doing so. It's a lot of fun, although I would recommend getting there early to avoid the crowds.
[Image: WwmoM3d.png]
Currently working on: working and wedding planning
Thanked by: Vipershark

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by redblueyellow - 06-12-2014, 03:08 AM