Users browsing this thread: 66 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
I got to play after about 3 and a half hours of standing in line.
It was 2 minute time battles with items on, no stock.

[12:40:20 AM] Vipershark: so i got super lucky
[12:40:27 AM] Vipershark: there was a group of 3 people and they needed a 4th
[12:40:39 AM] Vipershark: so i got to jump at least an hour's worth of line and go straight to the front to play with them
[12:40:52 AM] Vipershark: SOME IDIOT told me to use newcomers and ugh
[12:41:07 AM] Vipershark: i should have used link and sonic to get an accurate feel for how different the game is since i'm familiar with them
[12:41:09 AM] Vipershark: anyway
[12:41:18 AM] Vipershark: we played with the wii u pro controllers, which i haven't used before
[12:41:55 AM] Vipershark: so not only was it an exercise in playing the game for the first time ("but it's smash bros" yeah but new characters) but i also wasn't used to the controller layout at all
[12:42:12 AM] Vipershark: if you remember when the pro controller first came out i was disappointed that it put the face buttons in the secondary area
[12:42:17 AM] Vipershark: well, that kept tripping me up
[12:42:39 AM] Vipershark: there were a few times i'd try to do some c-sticking only do reach down with my thumb and hit nothing because the right stick is ABOVE the buttons
[12:43:35 AM] Vipershark: not to mention that i kept trying to play with Y/B layout instead of B/A since i'm so used to it (even the gamecube places X and Y above and to the right so it might as well be Y/B) which was throwing me off as well
[12:43:54 AM] Vipershark: so i kept jumping when i'd try to smash and i kept smashing when i'd try to A
[12:43:58 AM] Vipershark: and it was pretty confusing all around
[12:44:16 AM] Vipershark: anyway once i got semi used to it, i was playing as megaman in the first round... and he's freaking TERRIBLE
[12:44:44 AM] Vipershark: or well i mean i guess to be fair you have to adjust to his playstyle but there was nowhere NEAR enough time to do so and i was using a different controller layout so tl;dr i really sucked
[12:45:05 AM] Vipershark: i was expecting megaman to have some melee moves (a punch and kick at least) like in mvc in addition to the buster but
[12:45:08 AM] Vipershark: nope, he just shoots
[12:45:28 AM] Vipershark: and he can use some powers with his smashes but i was too busy fumbling with the controller to even figure them out
[12:45:36 AM] Vipershark: he felt really uncomfortable and i didnt like him
[12:45:41 AM] Vipershark: i got 3rd place
[12:46:24 AM] Vipershark: in the second round i used the villager who was more traditional and had actual melee stuff but i was still fumbling with the contoller so naturally i couldn't really get good at it or anything
[12:46:31 AM] Vipershark: i got 3rd place again lol
[12:46:44 AM] Vipershark: also greninja is EXTREMELY OP and won both matches
[12:47:05 AM] Vipershark: and it seemed like there was at least one greninja in every match and greninja also happened to win a majority of the matches, lol
[12:47:32 AM] Vipershark: as far as how the game feels, i was too busy fumbling around to really pay attention but i think it feels faster paced than brawl but still a bit floaty maybe?
[12:47:55 AM] Vipershark: but to be fair i was playing characters that i wasnt used to so it was also i just wasnt adapted to their playstyles enough to really know
[12:48:02 AM] Vipershark: in short, it was smash brothers.
[12:48:11 AM] Vipershark: i didn't get to play the 3ds version but it was there
[12:48:17 AM] Vipershark: it... looks like smash bros
[12:48:17 AM] Vipershark: lol
[12:48:21 AM] Vipershark: that's about it

pics so that it happened
[Image: LFyE8Z6.png]
they gave out these stickers to everyone in line and i also got a pin for playing but i didn't get a picture of that (i can if you want)

[Image: bFfZdku.jpg]
i was actually there!!!!!!

[Image: OUiX7uH.jpg]
this is the lady with the 3dses attached to her. People in line could play 3ds smash bros but I didn't get a chance to. A guy also came with 2dses later on, which you can see one of them in the background.

[Image: cukQbyS.jpg]
I've never used one of these before...

[Image: 01aLWoi.jpg]
I was second player and picked both stages (little mac's arena and I don't remember the other level...)

[Image: NST7e8p.jpg]
greninja is so op oh my god
i actually got a KO off him though ahahah
[Image: ndsMEF0.gif][Image: sig.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Vipershark - 06-11-2014, 11:57 PM