Users browsing this thread: 67 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
It was actually pretty interesting choosing the Coliseum as the WiiU Fire Emblem stage. I literally forgot about that mechanic.

See, in the older Fire Emblem games (well, at least the GBA ones), coliseums were an easy way of getting experience. You'd send a unit and some money in and get stuck fighting a random opponent. If you won, you got the muchly saught after experience as well as funds. If you lost? You not only lost your unit for good, but the money you wagered as well. The Coliseums never returned in the Gamecube Path of Radiance, nor in the muchly reamped Fire Emblem Awakening.

So yeah, when Sakurai spoke of "Hope and Despair", he meant literally.

Though I think this reveal means we won't be seeing a Fire Emblem newcomer at e3. Newcomers usually have a stage attached to them when they debut. With Coliseum and Arena Ferox already shown off, I doubt we'll be seeing any more Fire Emblem stages. But hey, the Punch Out!! boxing ring skin for the normal Smash boxing ring really shook things up. Who knows anymore, really.
Thanked by: psychospacecow

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Ark Kuvis - 06-06-2014, 11:41 AM