Users browsing this thread: 67 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
The adapter is nice and all, but I take issue with the fact that it's clearly only going to work with games designed with that controller in mind. The main issue being that true Gamecube controllers lack a ZL and Minus button, meaning it can't simply be used in place of the awful Pro controller in any given situation. How many games aside from Smash Bros are even going to be designed for use with the Gamecube controller? You can't even make the argument that you can use it for Wii titles, because there aren't really aside from Brawl that even utilize it (excluding the Virtual Console titles).

I was much more interested in the previously mentioned "Gamecube inspired" controller that allegedly could completely take the place of the classic and pro controllers. I was imagining something like the classic Gamecube controllers with modified shoulder buttons to better accommodate modern games. While nobody else probably cares about this, I really hope that Nintendo hasn't completely abandoned this plan in favor of the newly announced adapter.
Thanked by: Kriven

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Jermungandr - 05-30-2014, 12:04 AM