Users browsing this thread: 68 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
I love you guys. I:

I do want to point out that, at some point, Gamecube controller compatibility is probably going to be obsolete for newer consoles. Eventually the older controllers might break down, too, so just know you should be prepared for that eventuality if you prefer the Gamecube Controller. There's always third party alternatives, though.

Personally, I've always preferred the more "traditional" layout of buttons, for lack of a better term. I don't like the bean shaped buttons on the Gamecube controller, and I like the buttons more or less equidistant from each other. Plus the shoulder buttons on the Gamecube always felt off to me.. I think my own controllers might get a little stuck there from time to time.

The pro of this adapter (assuming it costs less than a normal controller for the Wii u) is that I have more controllers for when I have more than two players. I know it's always a plus when you can reuse controllers from past generations and not have to shell out money for a bunch of new ones. The problem is the only thing this seems compatible for at the time is Smash Bros. I'd have no other reason for this adapter, which makes me feel like I DON'T need it. However, if they, say, released some way to make Gamecube games compatible (which I don't think is possible with the hardware) or release Virtual Console games that can only be played with the GC controller, then maybe I'd warm up to the idea a bit more.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by TomGuycott - 05-29-2014, 08:14 PM