Users browsing this thread: 67 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
(05-21-2014, 08:58 PM)Gwen Wrote: I keep my thumb on the A button(my thumb also overlaps the b button a little bit so I don't need to move it to press b.) and branch out from there whenever I need to and I do fantabulously gaming wise. Do people seriously do that needlessly painful a,b thumb thing?

[Image: LJhsK0Z.jpg]

I dunno, I just tried holding it the way you do and it still doesn't feel anywhere near as comfortable as thumb over Y, B. I think it has something to do with how the neutral position (AKA every muscle unclenched) of my hand (and I think most average-sized hands) lines up better with Y/ B, while B/A requires me to contract the muscles to bring my thumb and the rest of my hand closer together. To put it another way, Y/B feels like I'm just resting my hand, while B/A makes it feel like I'm gripping it tightly all the time.

Maybe it's just because I've been playing games since the SNES and that's how most control setups were done in those days, but Y/B will always feel like where my thumb should be when I hold a controller for the first. "Press A to Jump" be damned.
Thanked by: BullockDS

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Tellis - 05-21-2014, 09:34 PM