Users browsing this thread: 81 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
(05-21-2014, 02:59 PM)Gwen Wrote: Wish people would quit forcing Nintendo to shoehorn a subpar controller into each new console. There's nothing wrong with the game pad, or the pro controller and wiimotes are okay
Opinions? What're those?

Nobody's "forcing" Nintendo to do shit. Nintendo's probably just seeing that there's a measurable demand for this sort of thing, and IMO it'd be a missed opportunity if they didn't take it. (Besides, it might turn out to be that PDP's gonna be the "brains" behind this controller, but with Nintendo really only licensing the use of character imagery, sorta like all those licensed fightpads for the 360/PS3 with images of various fighting games plastered on them, especially Street Fighter IV.)

Here are some reasons some people prefer the GCN controller over the Wii(U) controllers for Smash Bros:
-the Z-button placement on both of the Classic Controllers and Pro Controller is awkward (doubly so for the Gamepad, since going from the L/R buttons to the Z buttons requires shifting the entire finger)
-The Gamepad and Pro Controllers don't have "guided" control stick restrictor gates unlike the GCN, Classic Controllers, and the Nunchuck (making smash attacks and control-stick jumping unnecessarily more precision-based due to less definite direction placement of the joystick)
-The face button shaping, sizing, and placement on the GCN feels more natural for some, alongside the placement of the joysticks (especially for big-handed folks)
-the handles of the GCN feel more natural and comfortable for some than the Classic Controller Pro/Pro Controller/Gamepad (again, particularly for big-handed people)
-The Wiimote (solo) is inherently limited by its lack of buttons compared to all the other GCN/Wii(U) controllers and absence of analog movement
-...I can't actually speak for the Wiimote+Nunchuck, since I've not tried it myself nor have talked to many others who do. Sorry.

You don't like the GCN controller, fine. That doesn't make it inherently subpar (nor do most of the reasons above for the Wii[U] controllers).

I'm at least curious to see what they mean by "a shape inspired by the original Nintendo Gamecube Controller". Mainly, I'm hoping it doesn't deviate massively from the original GCN formfactor.
Offending people is a necessary and healthy act... Every time you say something that's offensive to another person, you just caused a discussion. You just forced them to have to think. - Louis C.K.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by BullockDS - 05-21-2014, 04:24 PM