Users browsing this thread: 76 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
(05-08-2014, 06:26 AM)Vitesse Wrote: Look, Sceptile would be super rad alright? But I'd rather see Blaziken (who also isn't likely because we already have a fire starter), Plusle and Minun (probably not likely either) or Gardevoir (whom I think may very well happen because she's popular, recently Fairy type, and in a sense is technically the final boss of X and Y).

I know the whole Fairy typing thing is the same argument people bring up for Jiggly, but I still don't think she's guaranteed to return.

Also yes, I've started to feel that Dixie's chances have been slipping away very slightly because the Tropical Freeze hype has been dying down.

And I want to see Lucas back, but I won't be too heartbroken if he's gone. They just can't get rid of my boy Ness.

You see, there's no rule that Blaziken can't be in just because it's a Fire starter. If Blaziken was popular and interesting enough, it would probably be considered right away as a fighter. Besides that, the question of whether or not a character would be playable probably involves an extensive evaluation of what makes the character interesting and stand out from other fighters. There are reasons why I don't believe Blaziken is likely either, but because he's a "fire starter" isn't one of them. I personally think that Blaziken would be redundant around characters like Captain Falcon and Lucario, given that the untrained eye would likely just compare Blaziken to them and constantly complain about its inclusion over another character or Pokemon.

Also Gardevoir is extremely unlikely, it was shown as one of the Pokemon in Pokeballs during the Charizard cutscene. It's not IMPOSSIBLE she'd be playable, but I believe that those are the actual Pokeball pokemon they were showcasing, and I doubt they would just outright show a playable character just standing around in a cutscene, especially a newcomer.

Lastly, regarding Dixie, the hype for Tropical Freeze dying down would very likely have nothing to do with Dixie's or any other DK character's inclusion. The characters were probably all implemented in some way by the time that Tropical Freeze came out, so if Dixie is included or not, it's probably because she was already included or not before the game was even released. If they did get her or any other character to a playable stage by the time the "hype died down", then I seriously doubt they'd can all their hard work on a character because of that. The thing is that at this point we just don't know who's a character and who's not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by TomGuycott - 05-08-2014, 08:49 AM