Users browsing this thread: 60 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
(05-07-2014, 11:26 PM)Ton Wrote: 1. I know the water/fire/grass thing is a big deal in the root series, but in the spinoff it doesn't really have any bearing. It's all about cross-promotion and there's no precedent for it in the Smash games. So far we've had Electric/Normal (Fairy), Electric/Electric/Normal(Fairy)/Psychic, and Electric/(Trainer w/Fire/Water/Grass)/Fighting & Steel/Normal(Fairy). There's not really a reason to believe Sakurai would suddenly adhere to having one of each starter type.
yeah, no counter argument here.

(05-07-2014, 11:26 PM)Ton Wrote: 2. Again, there's not really a reason to think he'd need to do a 1:1 replacement of a character. Mewtwo wasn't swapped for another Psychic type, Pichu wasn't swapped for another Electric type, etc. It seems like he's just swapping within the franchise, like Roy for Ike, rather than swapping within types.

i get your point, but i didn't mean type-wise; i meant gameplay-wise. lucario's aura sphere move is obviously comparable to mewtwo's shadow ball, but i think the two are just similar in general--an observation i'm sure many had when we started to understand how lucario played in brawl. following that, greninja is a speedy lightweight character with water-element moves (in terms of smash bros. elements, i mean). sceptile would probably be about the same as ivysaur when it comes to weight, movepool, and control.

actually, that could be one point in sceptile's favor. because most of the grass starters learn basically the same moves, they could get away with porting ivysaur's moveset and just giving him sceptile's model with new animations. it would take almost no creative effort. not that i'd really care to play as sceptile if that happened...

on the donkey kong note, i'd love to play as cranky kong. as much as i do like dixie kong, if we can't get a dkc antagonist (k. rool would be the only real choice in this category but still), i'd take cranky kong, because there's no way he wouldn't have an incredibly off-the-wall and unique moveset.
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Crappy Blue Luigi - 05-07-2014, 11:42 PM