Users browsing this thread: 69 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
Yeah exactly Drshnaps. Get your mind out of what a tournament expects Machobot, and start thinking outside the box.

The problem is when you put Smash in a controlled sterile environment you make it so that a lot of the characters' moves are "useless" as you would say. But would those moves be useless in a 1 vs 3 match? Would those moves be useless if you were on a moving stage? Characters in Smash are designed not to handle just 1-on-1 Final Destination battles. They are designed and tested for a number of things that Smash has to offer. What tourney people have set up for these characters is not using them to their full potential.

See in a tournament everyone uses the same moves and strategies because the set up is always the same. If they were playing on a stage that a monster rampages through, the player would have no choice but to try new things!

When you throw in some unexpected element the player is challenged to do something new and think creatively on the spot. A character may shine in ways you never dreamed of!

But yes it is boring. Not because of it's speed and action. No no. But because it's repetitive and predictable. Tournaments remind me of NASCAR. Ever watch that? It's a bunch of very similar vehicles going through the same course around in circles for hours. There's no twists or turns. No clever driving tricks. Just around in circles. It's fast as hell! But it's also repetitive and predictable.

Thanked by: Kriven

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Koopaul - 04-17-2014, 06:39 AM