Users browsing this thread: 69 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
About the Hammer. Don't forget it limits mobility. You are slower and can only perform one small jump. I'd say that makes it very fair. A player can run away and avoid the Hammer easily, even knock it out of the players hands.

See some items are balanced and add a whole new level of competition. Something that repetative use of techniques on a flat stage could never bring you.

You guys know how I feel about the competitive Smash scene. Devoid of all creativity. All Falco users do the same moves and techniques over and over. All the Lucas users do the same moves and techniques over and over. It's mind numbing. But that's almost how it is for every competitive gaming scene. Very little creativity, no one is trying to come up with their own unique strategies or playstyle. It's all very repetitive in a too controled evironment.

Now if you know anything about history and wars in real life, it's mostly been the innovators who'd win. Whether they invent a new weapon or a new strategy, they win by being creative and adapting. I felt like Smash was one of the few games that could replicate this experience. It wasn't just fighting, it was an all out war! Those who could survive, adapt, and think on their feet would win.

That's why I liked the fact that Brawl was so slow. It gave you time to think and try new things. I think a more defensive competition is more interesting than a twitchy offensive one. Then again, I'm a guy who finds a game of Chess more interesting than Tennis.

Thanked by: Kriven

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Koopaul - 04-17-2014, 01:20 AM