Users browsing this thread: 61 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
So I'm not sure if anyone mentioned any of this yet but I noticed some odd things with the whole Ridley's shadow thing.

-If you compare the shadow's size with Pikachu, you can tell that Ridley's size has been reduced greatly compared to his Brawl appearance, plus the fact that you can see his wings clip on screen implies that he's close to the ground so his shadow's size is probably a fairly accurate gauge.

-After he flies past the camera, based on the location of his shadow, it seems as though he stops somewhere between the center and left edge of the stage, and whats more, he continues to face the left (meaning he'd be looking away from the center of the stage). I'm sure that if he is a boss, he'd probably be somewhat like his Brawl counterpart, mainly in the sense that he would probably face the larger, more open section of the stage and not leave his back open in such a way.

-If you look at his shadow, once he stops, he goes into what appears to be an idle. It's interesting because his idle actually seems rather relaxed. He then goes into some attacks, but whats odd is his movements while attacking, like he's actually moving around in a somewhat random while doing his attacks. The movement has less of a predetermined boss feel, and looks more like he's being controlled directly.

Long story short, I think Ridley may be playable. The entire Direct had Sakurai trying to throw us off, so I wouldn't be surprised if Super Metroid Ridley was playable and Other M RIdley (a clone of the original) is a boss. Take it as you will, I just thought it was interesting.

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Chaoxys - 04-10-2014, 07:43 PM