Users browsing this thread: 63 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
Honestly, I'd rather magikarp have a homerun bat type function.
My take from the direct:

-Zero suit Samus. That is the first time Zero suit Samus has felt like Samus, at least visually. I sort of agree with the heels being silly for someone that is more likely to be a practical fighter, but its easy enough to come up with acceptible reasons why she would (From couldn't find a non-heel jet boot in her size, to heels are better for damage, to Chozo tech trying to adapt to the fact she doesn't have a claw where her heel is)

-Mother brain, Dark Samus, Metroid, and the biggest likelyhood that Ridley is a stage boss only, seems to suggest that Nintendo is trying to deal with the metroid rep issue (namely lack of characters best suited as playables) by cramming as many of the best to represent the series into the next best things as possible.

-Smash run: I like the idea overall. I'd like to point out two things among the enemies I noticed. First, return of a few subspace enemies. Subspace may not return... but its not being "retconned" out either, so there's hope for a few things I would think would be neat still (Namely if ROB returns, he gets an ancient minister outfit, and Power glove master hand). Secondly: KREMLINGS, not snomads. Implications are great here.

-Assist trophies: Yay midna. Sort of dispointed and happy about Lyn at the same time. Lack of Issac is great though.

-They appeared to have changed some final smashes. This is good. Also opens up possibilities in the case of Pit and Dedede, since their FS were a good argument on why some characters wouldn't appear, and since one is no longer true, and the other is schrodinger's waddle dee...

-Custom movesets: Crack theory time, there's a possilbity that certain moveset customizations may change the characters visual look, if they don't havealt costumes normally. I HIGHLY suspect this to be true for Mario. I suspect you'd be able to change mario into Dr. Mario, pills and all, even if you can't pull him in the Dr. outfit.
(Maybe they'll sneak in a few clones this way, or at least their movesets ("OH I LOOK like marth, but I'm really Roy."))

I also suspect they may allow you to give characters who have had their movesets changed their old movesets, including FS. (Not sure about being able to Zelda/Shiek switch again, same with Samus/Zss, but its possible)

In the cases of characters with a HUGE ability/weapon list, I suspect nintendo will attempt to allow them access to as many of their other abilities as possible. I don't think Samus has too many abilities that couldn't be incorporated as tweaks to her current stuff, so this is likely true for her, especially with the information we currently have.

I'd like to be able to change Link's moveset of a "best of a certain game." Well... not likely transformation masks, but maybe fire/ice rod, the staffs, maybe a spinner, and so on.
Same sort of things with the other character with huge power lists (Mario, Megaman, Kirby)
Of course this is all just random speculation.

-greninja. I suspected the "mewtwo trolling" the moment he appeared... but until he was fully shown, my train of thought was "That's not quite mewtwo... Giygas? is that you?"
Christianity is my faith not my religion. And neither should be pushed upon people.
HELP-Need as much C+C and playtesting as I can get on my SHMUP Megaman reimagining!
[Image: mx9RKdo.png]
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Terminal Devastation - 04-10-2014, 09:59 AM