Users browsing this thread: 59 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
In addition to everything Crappy said, Sakurai said himself he wants Link to be a representative of all Links. Why would Toon Link be any different?

I mean, Link's look is obviously based off of Twilight Princess, but the character is supposed to carry the spirit of all the different "adult" Link characters, just as Toon Link represents the spirit of all the "young" Link characters (save for maybe the N64 Young Link? though the brown hair/sleeves color is definitely a callback to NES Link). Heck, there's even more of an argument for Toon Link being all the Links 'cause they all look the same!

Anyway, I echo Crappy's sentiment, a mixed moveset, something to make him more different than Link, would be really appreciated. Not that I really count on Sakurai to do anything like that...

On the topic of Final Smashes though, yeah I really hope some of them get changed. Either made more useful or just outright scrapped and replaced. Give Ness PK Rockin'/Kiai, replace DK's bongos with something actually cool/interesting (animal friends? pummeling someone Jungle Beat style?), and god dang if you're gonna have Falco say "PERSONALLY I PREFER THE AIR" give him a gosh darned Arwing!
Thanked by: BullockDS, recme

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Tellis - 03-24-2014, 04:51 PM