Users browsing this thread: 68 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
I think that Lucario is slightly more popular in Japan than people realize. Either that or Nintendo really wants to PUSH him as being a popular Pokemon and shove him down people's throats (Kind of like what they do with Rosalina lately, but I actually LIKE her).

Another thing is the fact that Generation IV was released roughly a year before Brawl. It was really trying to push a mascot for that Generation, kind of like how Roy was showboating a Fire Emblem game that was being released on GBA in japan. I feel like this may have been the cause for Mewtwo's exclusion from Brawl. I picture some higher up being like "Make sure Lucario gets in" and forcing a cut to be made somewhere. However, maybe Sakurai just likes Lucario more. He did say how he was proud of his development team during Brawl, because without them Lucario wouldn't have even been in the game. Just picture Brawl with no Mewtwo OR Lucario.

Anyway, I definitely anticipate the return of Mewtwo in this Smash. Zoroark definitely was designed to be some sort of rare SORT OF Legendary Pokemon to mirror Lucario, but as far as I can tell it never really caught on. I'm glad they stopped trying for that in X/Y.
Thanked by: Sketchasaurus, Tellis

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by TomGuycott - 03-02-2014, 09:24 AM