Users browsing this thread: 72 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
I'm gonna be controversial and talk about a character I was unhappy to see back in Smash; I don't want to be a buzzkill or start a flame war or anything since I'm pretty stoked for the game anyways and really want to get a Wii U to be able to play this, but here goes:

I was annoyed to see Lucario return to the roster.

I was actually disappointed to see it reappear.

Personally, I don't think Lucario should've even been in Brawl to begin with. There are so many more iconic Pokémon that could have been included into the game before it was even picked (Though, to be fair, not very many Diamond/Pearl Pokémon come to mind as iconic, it was kind of a lackluster gen. for me)

Even now, it should have been replaced with one of the X and Y Pokémon if not a return of Mewtwo (which became relevant again because of the whole Mega Evolution thing)

I'm hoping that they'll reveal the triumphant return of Mewtwo because, if anything, I consider it to be the most memorable "boss" Pokémon in the franchise. It really has more of a character and specific backstory than any of the later legendaries, which all follow the same "ancient legend, force of nature, holding together the balance of the cosmos" clichés ad infinitum. A cool Final smash, or even alternate gameplay style(like Samus/Zero Suit Samus) could be using its mega forms which would have different movesets based on the types. (I'm not entirely sure what they are because I haven't actually played X/Y, but still)

Lucario just doesn't have the same relevance or impact as Mewtwo on the franchise; I mean, it basically got a replacement a generation afterwards, so why even keep it in Smash if we have that Zoroark thingy?

I think that if they did something similar (by picking a similar type of Pokémon) during Melee, they'd put Sneasel (or something similar in build from maybe gen 3) in the game: it'd make no sense and people would be really confused about the whole ordeal, so why Lucario?

EDIT: I Second the motion for Hawlucha in Smash, though. Luchadores instantly win in my book. I'd tear down all of my reasoning I had against Lucario in favor of putting in Hawlucha.
Salvador Dali Wrote: Begin by learning to draw and paint like the old masters. After that, you can do as you like; everyone will respect you.
[Image: shrine.gif]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Sketchasaurus - 03-02-2014, 08:48 AM