Users browsing this thread: 71 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
I've gone with two thoughts about the Pokemon (and Yoshi) in the Smash Bros. franchise:

1: They are a particular member of their species with a gender which probably correlates to that of the anime.
2: They are a non-particular member of their species and the roster slot is simply representative of the species, thus each alternate palette technically being multiple individuals and, with the exception of the SSE, alternate individuals for every instance in which the character is chosen.

Also, I would totally be behind gender skins like with WFTrainner.

On Mewtwo: I definitely view Mewtwo as a male regardless of mega form. Even disregarding that, it's possible that a genetic anomaly such as a Mega Evolution or Pokemon in general could change gender to suit the situation (base form being Male, fairy form being Female, for example). Even in real life some amphibians and reptiles exhibit the ability to change gender.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: Ton, psychospacecow

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Kriven - 02-04-2014, 09:20 PM