Users browsing this thread: 71 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
Ark, I think they're all likely as well, but I thought I'd just say that the ones I listed are pretty much a given. Some notes:

Lucas: He and Ness are really all we need from the Mother franchise, though, being an RPG series, there is no shortage or great characters they could use. if we got Claus/Masked Man, I would be the happiest person ever, but I think we'll just get these two. They're both important characters, they both represent totally different games. Like I said, Ness is 100%, but Lucas is probably going to be in, too.

Ike: Pretty much what you said. I don't think Ike is going anywhere. He's the Lucas to Marth's Ness. They're both very important. Chrom is just a flavor of the week character in the same vein as Zoroark or Midna or Ghirahim. He's popular now, but he won't be by the time the next game comes out. Ike has staying power.

Lucario: As I've said before, Mario needed at least five characters so Pokemon could have five. We got Rosalina, so I think Lucario is safe. Lucario will stick around because A) He's insanely popular B) He's the only Pokemon not from Gen 1 to be playable in Smash C) He's the most popular "mascot" Pokemon since Gen 1. Zoroark's peak is over and Gen 6 didn't have a mascot to push, so Lucario is still in the consciousness. He'll probably make the cut.

Wolf: Aside from Snake, Wolf is, in my mind, the most likely to get cut. But that doesn't mean he will. He's the Star Fox villain rep because Andross is a floating head with hands. That doesn't really make for a good fighting game character. Wolf, as the personal rival, is the next best thing. His moveset is a bit bland, but that can be tweaked. We'll see,

ROB: Another one who probably isn't going anywhere. There are a lot of naysayers when it comes to ROB, but I don't really see a good reason to lose him. He's fun, he's interesting, and he's unique. He fits well with the "retro" characters.

And to add my own to the list:

Mewtwo: I think he'll be back. He's been pushed hard as the closest to a mascot in the new Pokemon games, Mega Evolution has brought him back into the public consciousness, he's on the soundtrack for Pokemon X/Y, he was featured heavily in the new movie, and Sakurai has already said he was being considered. Even if it's X/Y Mega Mewtwo, I think he'll be around in some form. And it'll be a big deal, because people were pretty disappointed what he was removed in the first place.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Ton - 12-29-2013, 08:27 PM