Users browsing this thread: 69 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
Call me an optimist, but I think the only fighter to be "removed" from Smash Bros this time around is Snake. Because let's be honest, Kojima is taking that franchise in a completely different direction, and also not on Nintendo consoles.

So going off Ton's list, I'm just going to list the characters he didn't mention and discuss why they probably deserve to return:

Lucas:

Probably my preferred PK kid, Lucas is the most recent hero of the Mother trilogy. As evidented by Brawl, Mother 3 was represented quite well. It's also the only Mother game released on handhelds, making drawing a stage pretty easy. While I don't think we'll get another rep from the franchise, I think Mother 3 is THAT solid of a game in Nintendo history for him to stay in the franchise.

Ike:

Hero of the Gamecube and Wii Fire Emblem games, Ike is the only "Lord" (he's as commonblood as you can get actually, which sets him apart from the other princes and princesses from the series) who had a leading role in two fire emblem games outside of Marth. He's really popular among western Fire Emblem fans, and he's appeared in a staggering amount of Fire Emblem Awakening DLC. Heck, an actual character in that game is the descendant of Ike himself. While many believe that Ike will be replaced by manly marth Chrom, I believe he'll make the cut in the WiiU and 3DS installments of Smash Bros.

Lucario:

the popular Fighting/Steel type appeared in Brawl as the Generation 4 rep, with advertising pointing toward the newest pokemon movie. While this is true, I think Gamefreak realized how popular the lupine was, and he has appeared in many other titles since. In both Gen 5 and 6, Lucario was catchable really early on, and the latter generation actually highlights Lucario as a prominent mega-evolver. With this new mechanic really solidifying Lucario as important in the Pokemon Universe, I believe he will return. Probably sporting a new final smash...

Wolf:

Debuting in Star Fox 64, Star Wolf has always been a thorn in the Star Fox Team's side. Wolf and his team appeared in a lot of games before Brawl, which supported Sakurai's decision to add him into the game. Since then, the Star Fox team hasn't flown in an original title...though expect a Star Fox 64 inspired stage to appear in the 3DS version, as that game was released since. Wolf's importance as a rival could be enough to keep him, as he does show up again in the 3DS remake. That fact doesn't hold true for a certain blue vixen, who is obviously the only other character in the franchise worthy enough for a place on the roster.

ROB:

The Robotic Operating Buddy is one character I can guarentee will return! He was a huge character in the Subspace Emissary! Not to mention that this little accessory was a key part in marketing the NES to american audiences. His moveset was unique, he's plenty likeable...and deff an important part of Nintendo's history. In a game full of Nintendo All Stars, ROB is as all star as a Smash Bro can get!
Thanked by: Ton

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Ark Kuvis - 12-29-2013, 07:44 PM