Users browsing this thread: 62 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
(12-26-2013, 01:37 PM)Vitesse Wrote:
(12-26-2013, 01:00 PM)Ton Wrote:
(12-26-2013, 12:57 PM)Vitesse Wrote: I am LOVING Zelda in this game, especially with that Phantom as (hopefully) one of her attacks.

(12-26-2013, 09:34 AM)Ton Wrote: I'm thinking the knight/Phantom/Darknut has got to be an assist. There's no way "Adult" Zelda would be using a "Toon" element as an attack.

They wouldn't go through all the trouble of splitting Link into normal and "Toon" just to give Zelda elements of both.

Kay, here's my answer to that: Phantom Hourglass Link and Toon Link can be present at the same time, meaning that Sakurai doesn't care about continuity if he's allowing the same character (or the same concept of character: a Toon version of a character) to be in two places at the same time. And even with all that considered, Link and Toon Link have the same exact moveset, meaning he doesn't care to differentiate two versions of the same character. So with that in mind, it's very VERY possible that Toon Zelda could just have the same moveset as regular Zelda, or not exist as a character. Honestly, the new Zelda is probably just a combination of all previous Zeldas, rather than just one particular Zelda. This way, all version can be represented as one character in the roster (something they should've done with Link). Also, why would they advertise the Phantom as an assist trophy on Zelda's page? Isn't the point of a character page to show off the character's moves?

The Toon characters and "Classic" characters are being shown as being very distinct. That's why he was given the "Toon" distinction. I don't see what the issue is here.

Quote:So with that in mind, it's very VERY possible that Toon Zelda could just have the same moveset as regular Zelda, or not exist as a character.

This makes zero sense at all.

Zelda is an established character. She's going to play fairly close to how she has played in the past. THAT's why we're not getting screenshots demonstrating all of her moves: We know them already. Sakurai is messing around and showing the newly revealed character in fun poses like he's done with everyone else.

There's no "advertising" of the trophy on her page. It's just in a screenshot. It's like getting up-in-arms about Starfy because he was "advertised" in a Pikachu screenshot.
[Image: b1.php?u=39480955]
Quote:You had wasted MY LIFE... waiting for just a goddamn bunnelby model.
-The prestigious Farlavor
Thanked by: Kriven, Gwen, recme

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Ton - 12-26-2013, 02:31 PM