Users browsing this thread: 66 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
powerful characterization comes into play when the character in question lacks a preconceived set of moves

pokemon always had minimal personality but they had tons and tons of notable abilities in their movepools so integrating them with the smash bros. concept was a snap, especially after pokemon stadium had already come out with clear 3d animations for the existing generation 1 moves

wii fit trainer's moves are all based on actual poses and exercises from the wii fit games--no characterization necessary, all the moves are there

but like you said, f-zero characters do have plenty of personality; however, captain falcon was one of the few to have any demonstrated abilities outside of the games, thanks to spinoff manga and comics

note: i haven't played any f-zero games long enough to really know the characters outside of captain falcon, my only point is that "powerful characterization" is kind of really important when the character in question doesn't have any notable abilities to use and derive from

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Crappy Blue Luigi - 12-20-2013, 04:58 AM