Users browsing this thread: 84 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
It should also depend on the integrity of the franchise. F-Zero characters just don't matter... they're not even shown during the races. Whereas, RPGs are based completely around the idea of powerful characters, and powerful characters deserve representation.

I mean, when you play F-Zero, it doesn't matter really who you pick. The car will look a little different and handle a little different, but they all have the same abilities. They all boost, they all recover health, they all move really fast. It isn't even like Mario Kart where the characters move and taunt and cheer during the race and sometimes have signature abilities.

I'm not saying that F-Zero characters have (f)zero personality, but that their personalities aren't even a secondary aspect of the game. Where the F-Zero franchise is concerned, characters themselves are pretty far down on the importance scale. This isn't true for a number of other franchises, and it's why F-Zero characters rank really low on anyone's radar.
[Image: Dexter.png]  [Image: Bubbles.png]  [Image: SNWzHvA.png]   [Image: SamuraiJack2.png] [Image: kQzhJLF.png]  [Image: Pikachu.png] [Image: tSCZnqw.png]
Thanked by: Baegal, Tellis, Ton

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Kriven - 12-20-2013, 02:22 AM