Users browsing this thread: 71 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
(12-18-2013, 04:15 PM)SchAlternate Wrote: What's the point of replacing a character with another character that plays exactly the same for the sake of recency?

If you're going to bring up the cases of Mewtwo/Lucario and Roy/Ike, then I'll be more than glad to break your knee. With a spoon. Except not really.

Regardless of whether there's a point or not, it should be clear that the characters ARE being updated for the sake of recency, or even just for the sake of having something new for the new game. Take Link, updated to Skyward Sword design, and Samus, updated to Other M design (A much bigger leap in my opinion, seeing as Samus remained in her Varia Suit design for every Smash game up to now.

Now where does that leave Zelda? She hasn't had Sheik as an in-game presence in the actual Zelda series since Ocarina of Time, so if they updated her design to Skyward Sword, lets say (Which I'd love, I love her Skyward Sword design), would they make a new Sheik design to go with it, or tack an old design just for the sake of having it, or even just changing Sheik into Impa, but having both remain the same character selection? There's a lot of options that sparks a lot of questions and, in my opinion, is going to be one of the more exciting reveals for me this game.

Here are some of the options I'm thinking are possible given the circumstances:

-Zelda and Sheik with updated designs (Sheik from scratch)
-Older design of Zelda and Sheik
-Zelda and Sheik completely separate, making Zelda updated in design and Sheik a classic character.
-Zelda and Impa instead of Sheik
-Zelda and Impa as completely independent characters

Also for consideration:
-If alternate costumes exist, why not a Sheik costume for Impa if she replaces Sheik?
-The Zelda/Sheik formula being abandoned for regular Zelda, but Toon Zelda coming in keeping the traditional Transformation formula.

I really am interested to see how it pans out. I don't think Zelda would ever be cut, but I really wonder how Sheik works into it all.

PS: Who WOULDN'T want to play as this?

[Image: Impa_Artwork_%2528Skyward_Sword%2529.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by TomGuycott - 12-18-2013, 05:00 PM