Users browsing this thread: 67 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
(12-06-2013, 09:33 PM)Sol Wrote: One thing I will never understand is all the love for ROB. It was a stupid toy for the NES that from what I've heard barely worked, and was only used in 1 (2?) games. Why he gets so many cameos to the point of being a playable character in Smash Bros. is beyond me. ROB is Assist Trophy material. I mean Mr. Game & Watch was pretty obscure but was actually really creative and he well represented an era of Nintendo. ROB is just...a robot...so he uses lasers and jet boosters!!! Like robots!!! Whoa!

>:[

The rob is also part of the Nintendo history, as big as the Game & Watch. Remember the Atari game crash? Remember the terrible ET videogame? Those made people not like games for a lot of time. Nintendo had created Rob to market the NES as a toy instead of videogame (which, if not redesigned, would not be promplty accepted by the skeptical people).

Basically the Rob paved the way for the NES to actually be successful, and despite being a huge gimmick, it is placed high in the Nintendo pantheon because without it, the NES wouldnt be as great.
Spriter Gors】【Bandcamp】【Twitter】【YouTube】【Tumblr】【Portifolio
If you like my C+C, please rate me up. It helps me know I'm helping!
[Image: deT1vCJ.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Gors - 12-07-2013, 07:29 AM