Users browsing this thread: 68 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
Again, it's merely quicker to determine skill with without heavy luck involvement.
The justification used for banning them may be they are too random and/or OP, but this is mostly an issue in short, single matches... the kind that competitive play uses.

Even with the all the items on high, if you play enough matchs all the lucky wins start to become just outliers, and those that make a habit of getting "lucky" start to prove its not really luck at all. (or just a high enough stock count)

Items are not practical for competition due to how much time it would take to properly determine skill though.
You'd need a sports season like timeframe instead of a days event. In this case, everyone would get their lucky and unlucky OP item chances roughly equally, and those more skilled at fighting (Or just zoning and dealing with zoning when items appear)

With this said... I hope they implement a secondary pure skill based final smash system than you can toggle with the old item based method. Seems a little sad to not be able to use every move available to a character just because items are turned off. Mostly an issue with samus though...
Christianity is my faith not my religion. And neither should be pushed upon people.
HELP-Need as much C+C and playtesting as I can get on my SHMUP Megaman reimagining!
[Image: mx9RKdo.png]
Thanked by: AuraLancer, Tom Turkey

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Terminal Devastation - 11-13-2013, 10:58 AM