Users browsing this thread: 78 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
I'm not a competitive smash player, but I have dabbled in competitive Pokemon since 4th gen and I can tell you that every competitive metagame attempts to remove as many sources of luck as possible. Obviously you can't get rid of them all, but the whole point is player skill. That's why in a competitive Pokemon match you might see someone "throw" a turn after getting a lot of crits or if the opposing pokemon gets a lot of paralysis turns.

Anyway, the problem with smash items isn't the items themselves (although some of them are OP), it's how they are distributed. They just randomly spawn wherever regardless of the players. Sure, there's skill involved in getting and using them properly, but the luck far outweighs the skill. That's why they're banned. If it worked where you get to choose an item before the match and also when to bring it into play, they probably wouldn't be banned as a whole. But that's not how it works.

[Image: 357n7r6_zps67bc167e.gif]
Thanked by: Iceman404, Tom Turkey

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by AuraLancer - 11-12-2013, 11:04 PM