Users browsing this thread: 67 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
Competitive players have a right to play however they want, seeing as sometimes it's money on the line rather than just bragging rights. However, I can safely say that a no item scenario on a flat, lifeless stage is not my cup of tea when it comes to Smash.

That being said, that video example is really bad. Before fox gets totally raped by Sheik, that is when the first capsule hits him, he stands TOTALLY still. When he attacks the barrels that explode and drop a star that Sheik picks up, he's attacking wildly for no reason and almost INTENTIONALLY smashing up the barrels even though they could explode. What's more, the match just started, a time limit of 8 minutes and a four stock. I know it's hard to come back from that humiliation, but not impossible. Frankly, the player for Fox plain sucked, because you can dodge AND catch capsules from what I can remember of Melee. It reminds me of that video where some guy lost because he taunted while the enemy was flying in the background, but he dies first because an exploding barrel or bobomb dropped on him. In a game where explosives can drop on a moment's notice and everything is on the line, why are you taunting?

Even though I think I've made my stance clear, there's still problems with the item system that makes it virtually impossible for competitive play to totally accept. Explosive containers are one thing: there's no way to make them turn off their explosive nature, there is always a risk, and even if items are as low as they can go they still appear just as often. Then there is the party ball, which always has a chance to drop bobombs even when they are turned off. It's not to say that competitive play would instantly accept items if those elements were changed, but I think everyone would agree that it would be a good start. That video alone would be nearly moot if explosive containers didn't exist.
Thanked by: SchAlternate, Tom Turkey

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by TomGuycott - 11-12-2013, 01:05 PM