Users browsing this thread: 74 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
(07-28-2013, 01:28 AM)Diogalesu Wrote:
(07-27-2013, 11:24 AM)Terminal Devastation Wrote: However, if one wants adventure/subspace mode as a separate game... the important part is actually Nintendo characters of various origins interacting in a psuedo story setting... or at least in a different game setting than a fighter not the underlying engine. I don't care if its a platformer, adventure game, FPS, strategy game or even shoot'em up. I'd assume they'd use the same kirby like engine if they did so... but any other option would be fine. Smash bros is about the crossover, so any smash bros spinoffs would ALSO be about the crossover, with a solid game underneath.

But lets be honest, the only reason why anyone gave a shit about something like Subspace was because it was in smash bros.

And that's it. If it wasn't for smash bros, the only people who would be into this are kids who are interested in fan fictions. It'd be more of a gamble to make a crossover an entirely separate game based around a huge crossover like that without making the story complete garbage.

That isn't to say I don't think it can't be done, after all crossovers that have 2-3 series together work fine. But if there is going to be some huge crossover like SSB then it should be kept simple without any story. This is one of the reasons why I didn't like SSE

I'm not so sure. The original smash bros appeal was intiallly just it being a cross over. That's its hook. The fact it turned out to solid game underneath is what allowed it to succeed, but it would likely have been a sleeper rather than the giant hit without its crossover aspect. I'm think the same would be true for any massive crossover game. As long as there's a solid fun game underneath, it'd work out, even with a stupid story (provided it doesn't take itself seriously if the story is bad). Subspace just wasn't as fun as it needed to be (And really, it was pretty light on story too).

I suppose there's no accounting for taste though. I'd personally welcome a story based nintendo crossover.
Christianity is my faith not my religion. And neither should be pushed upon people.
HELP-Need as much C+C and playtesting as I can get on my SHMUP Megaman reimagining!
[Image: mx9RKdo.png]
Thanked by: Ton, Kriven

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Terminal Devastation - 07-28-2013, 09:53 AM