Users browsing this thread: 76 Guest(s)
I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS)
(07-25-2013, 05:32 PM)Diogalesu Wrote: In one perspective I agree with you, but in another I kind of understand why he's saying all this stuff.

I mean, when you think about it there's a ton of games that people make to awe people when they play the game, not on youtube. Sure there are the fans who don't go on youtube to spoil themselves, but then theres a ton of those snooty fans who look them up and then talk about them, even if they haven't played the game. So why on earth even bother playing the game if someone is just going to upload them to youtube?

I don't mind that people do this, but when you imagine how the creators might feel about it then you kind of have to consider how they feel when players are going to get half the experience if they want to spoil themselves, that's another story.

i agree with that too, yet i also think he's putting too much thought to it. i mean you create something (which doesn't even has to be a game right now necessarily) because you want to, at some time because you need to. your fans want you to create it too, they are your target. but at the same time you're trying to collect new fans too.

i don't think smash bros as a series that's out for collecting new fans, it's a stable series that's is there just for the fans. and does collect a lot of new ones along the way with each installment. but i don't see nintendo necessarily targeting new fans with the smash bros games.

the point you made can be compared to the music and film industry; an album or movie leaks online, maybe a month or so before its official release. that's very frustrating for the artist, and not even because of the money they don't get, mostly because like sakurai said; it just isn't the full experience.

and that can be indeed frustrating, but i don't think that's a reason to remove features such as the cutsences - which almost everyone thought were a great addition to the game - just to stop that from happening. it kind of feels like you're disappointing your fans ( maybe even punishing them ) just because some group of people watch the exact cut scenes from the game online, instead of experiencing it while playing.

then again, sakurai said from the beginning that some features will be cut out this time, to focus completely on the game play, and to create a whole new/old experience with the game
[Image: kw3k.png]

Thanked by:

Messages In This Thread
RE: I love you all to death (Just so I can smash bros with you) (SSBWiiU/3DS) - by Darky's Reincarnation - 07-25-2013, 06:14 PM